Bullshit to Continue Unabated
CANNABIS: GOOD AND BAD NEWS (the malpractice of reporting bullshit will continue unabated according to unfairfax's Sunday Star-Times. /Blair)
- Just half a joint can trigger short-term symptoms similar to schizophrenia: small amounts of the drug can cause paranoia, hallucinations and delusions associated with other mental illnesses. Schizophrenics' psychotic symptoms worsen with cannabis use.
- BUT other research found that one active ingredient in cannabis inhibits psychotic symptoms in schizophrenics.
- Aids patients with debilitating nerve pain get as much pain relief from cannabis as from prescription medications, and with fewer side effects.
- Occasional use of cannabis is not harmful to teenagers, but those who smoke cigarettes as well develop problems, and are likely to be heavier cannabis users.
- Smoking cannabis eased pain induced in healthy volunteers but less was more.
- Marijuana skin cream could help with allergies.
- Experienced cannabis smokers perform tasks as accurately when stoned as when they're sober.
- An ingredient in cannabis may help prevent mad cow disease.
- A single joint has the same effect on the smoker's lungs as smoking up to five cigarettes in one go.
- Heavy cannabis use among vulnerable young people leads to more social problems.
- The greatest number of social problems is found among the heaviest users.
- Driving under the influence of cannabis is more common than previously thought, and more dangerous than driving under the influence of alcohol.