The Nimbin Valley Cannabis Trial will be for a 6 month period (11.11.2010 till 11.5.2011)
- 6 cannabis retail outlets in the "cafe" mode.
- Designated smoking areas in each cafe.
- Single 'dose' pre rolled 'joints' for sale for smoking in cafe ONLY.
- Sale of medical grade cannabis; limit 15 gms; using credit card/debit card through eftpos with G.S.T paid.
- Creation of Outdoor Organic Cannabis Growing Co Operatives with quality controls.
-The creation of a "POLICE BOOK" system similar to the car business: A registrar for buyers and suppliers, name/ address/ drivers license / medicare cards as proof of ID. To be available for inspection at each cafe.
Coffeeshop rules include:
No admittance unless 18 years or older. No sale or use of hard drugs.
Availability of heath information on cannabis use, harm reduction and cessation. Facility for summary closure for breach of fair trading regulations.